Thursday, May 5, 2016

Traveling to India & Trip Overview

Hello Friends!

I'm about to embark on the beginning to my summer adventures. I will be leaving Ann Arbor in a few short hours, heading to Mumbai, India. I am fortunate to be one of the 14 students representing SWE at the University of Michigan during our annual SWE Overseas trip. In brief I will be teaching Engineering outreach activities for a week to a group of ~80 middle-high school aged students. Following the week of teaching, I will have the opportunity to travel for a week with our group in India. I am assuming the majority of pictures will be updated at that time, so bear with me if they aren't consistent uploads (this goes with my posts as well). I will be in India/flying from 5/5-5/23, so please use email, Facebook, other internet based forms of communication if you need to be in touch, otherwise I look forward to sharing my stories next we meet and hope my blog can be semi-informative or at least an enjoyable read! See the outline of cities we will be in below:

  • 5/5-5/8: Mumbai- Arrival, adjust to India time, shopping, and maybe more! 
  • 5/8-5/16: Walchandnagar- township containing the school where we do engineering outreach
  • 5/16-5/17: Aurangabad- start week of travel!
  • 5/17-5/18: Mumbai
  • 5/18-5/19: New Dehli
  • 5/19-5/21: Jaipur
  • 5/21-5/22: Agra
  • 5/22-5/23: New Dehli--> depart India :( 
Also, SWE has their own blog where members of the trip will be updating it daily with things from out trip. You can find the SWE blog here

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca,

    May is going to be an exciting month for you! It's nice to see an agenda so we will know where you will be. Have an amazing time.

    -Leonora

    ReplyDelete