Friday, June 3, 2016

Prague Day 1- Thursday, June 2

Hello Everyone,

Today was my first day in Prague. After dropping my things off at the hostel I explored the city for a little while. The architecture is very beautiful, you can see the different eras through the architectural influences alone. In the afternoon it was beautiful weather-- around 75F with a mix of sun and clouds. Perfect to enjoy learning the city, getting currency exchanged, and having lunch. I decided to take advantage of the inexpensive market and get fresh strawberries and a sandwich for only ~$3 USD! On my walk back towards the hostel I found a park so I decided to enjoy my lunch their because it was so nice out in the sunshine!


Once I got back to the hostel I was so dead. I guess getting two-ish hours of sleep before you fly and then hardly being able to fall asleep on the flights, eventually catches up with you! Since it was still before 3pm, I couldn't get my room key yet, so I decided to go for the cushioned window seat with a pillow and perch myself in the corner. Ha, this quickly ended up with me passing out in the lobby of the hostel! Luckily this was enough for me to have some energy again to go out and explore when Anna arrived.
Mildly disturbing burned biked . . . 

Our first night we took a tram to St. Charles Bridge to explore from there. Geoff was kind enough to forward me a list of tank breweries that were good in Prague from when he was here last year. Tonight we chose Malostranska Pivnice since its right next to the bridge. Both Anna and I tried the recommended Kozel Dark. It was definitely better than my opinion of the beers I've had a taste of in US, but I'm really not a beer person, so I probably won't get it again. I did have the Goulash here and it was very good. Highly recommend!

On our way back towards the tram we ran into this little wine tasting market. It was the cutest thing! I wish we had seen it before we had gone for dinner, because we could have eaten here tonight! Anyways, we did wine here and the Moscato I had was pretty good :) Not a bad way to end our first day in Prague before turning in for an early night!

2 comments:

  1. What a temperature difference from India! Sounds like things are going well so far, I'm glad you're able to try new things too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, on the way back from India we had a layover in Amsterdam where the temperature was 52F and raining! That was a huge shock from the +100F weather of India! Thankfully the 75F just felt wonderful and I'm loving it :D

    ReplyDelete