Thursday, June 30, 2016

Tuesday- June 14- I have a supervisor!


So for those of you that didn’t know, I was a little bit of an “orphan” at work last week. I was well taken care of, but my immediate supervisor (the PhD student I’m working with) was actually on a long ago planned holiday. Which meant my entire last week was about getting to know the other people in my lab, learning everything I needed about safety procedures, learning how to operate the machines I would be utilizing, and finally spending ALL remaining time reading various research articles related to the field of study that my research would be about. As you can imagine, it was not the most riveting work week of my life ;) However, I did get to explore various things in town and have a relatively easy first week as I got adjusted to living in Warsaw. But, as of today, I have a supervisor and am actually doing things in the lab! So excited by this :D 


The student I am working with is actually from Turkey, and is very sweet. I’m excited to get to learn from her because I can already tell she is very smart and knows a lot about biomedical engineering of biomaterials. Here is to an exciting internship!  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a supervisor now and can do 'real' work! I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete